To play the slideshow requires Flash 8 or higher. Click here to install/upgrade.

Glen Ridge

The 100-acre Town of Glen Ridge was developed in the 1940s and was incorporated in 1947. The entire town is a bird sanctuary and primarily residential; a small park was donated by resident Ester Flury. The town’s name was inspired by its location on the bank of the West Palm Beach (C-51) Canal to the west. The population of Glen Ridge was 276 at the 2000 census, one of the smallest in Palm Beach County.
 

Site Map  |   Home  |  Native Americans  |  Journal  |  Pioneer Life  |  Land Boom & Bust  |  World War ll  |  Progress  |  People  |  Agriculture  |  Communities  |  Geography  |  Maps & Photos  |  For Teachers  |  Credits  |  Disclaimer  |  Copyright  |  Links  |  Timeline E-L  | 

phone: 561.832.4164  |  fax: 561.832.7965  |  mail: P.O. Box 4364, W.P.B., FL 33402  |  visit: 300 N. Dixie Hwy, W.P.B., FL 33401

© 2009 Historical Society of Palm Beach County  |  all photos courtesy HSPBC unless otherwise noted