The 542-acre Village of Golf, located between Congress Avenue and Military Trail near Boynton Beach, is centered on the Country Club of Florida and its golf course. The club opened in 1956, when south Florida was thought to have a shortage of golf courses. The site was formerly a dairy farm, on a ridge that is one of the highest points in Palm Beach County. In 1957 the village was incorporated to avoid annexation by the nearby cities of Delray Beach and Boynton Beach. The first several of 148 homes were finished and a post office applied for, but there were no residents. Carleton Blunt, the founder, served as mayor for 30 years.
The Village of Golf contains two agricultural areas, including a horse farm. The population of 230 in 2000 was the second lowest in Palm Beach County, next to Cloud Lake.